Thursday, May 09, 2013

Déjà vu



Sitting through much of the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee’s Benghazi whistle-blower hearings yesterday, I had a creeping case of déjà vu.  It seemed to be playing out a lot like those Watergate TV hearings that I slavishly followed all those many years ago.  It is a soap opera and a passion play wrapped in a fact-finding mission.

Already Twitter and the blogosphere is alive with speculation, interesting insights, and dire predictions.  And, unless the White House can get its media ducks in a row, I think that we may have an entertaining summer of more such melodrama, particularly if Jon Boehner appoints a special select investigative committee. If you want to get your feet wet on what transpired, read more from these two perspectives: Time Magazine and NY Post.  And, for those so inclined, here is a long on-the-scene narrative of what happened last Sept.11th: Greg Hicks' Transcript.

I will not jump to any hasty conclusions now (not that I don’t already have some) but I do intend to follow these Benghazi-gate developments closely and will do my best to cut through the political gristle to find those morsels of viand veracity. 

Stay tuned.

No comments: