Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Purloined Powerline


The Powerline blog (see: Powerline) ran an entry this week on "things I don't care about" which idea I found so compelling I have decided to "borrow" it.  (I've also borrowed their above graphic.)  So here are the things that cause me to switch channels, turn off the radio, or start daydreaming about a zesty Bloody Mary:

- The Miss America contest
- The very latest Apple Inc. Iphone®
- Saltine® crackers
- Time magazine (or Newsweek, etc.)
- Sting (or Bono or Paul McCartney, etc.)
- Doonesbury (I borrowed this one from Powerline too)
- James Sokolove TV ads
- Thomas Friedman's solutions to the world's problems
- Robo telephone calls (no matter from whom)
- The Emmy's
- Falling-to-earth space junk
- Pasteurized apple cider
- Chrysler® cars
- Debby Wasserman Schultz
- Anyone living on the fictional Wisteria Lane
- Pizza from nationally-franchised companies
- Wagnerian operas
- Lists of things people don't care about (just kidding)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some of the things your list are great! (saltines, pasteurized apple cider, Sting and Bertucci's pizza)

I can think of many things you left off your list...

RLP

Anonymous said...

I'm anxiously waiting ...
GWP

Anonymous said...

You don't care about Wagnerian operas? PLEASE, George, say it isn't so!

Axel